Open Calls |
PAST – 2017 RU Residency Open Call for New York & US-based artists
Residency Unlimited (RU) is pleased to announce an open call available to six US based artists for three months residencies each, from March 1 to November 30, 2017.
Each artist will receive a stipend of $1000. This program is made possible with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) “Art Works” Grant Program.
What does this residency provide?
▪ A three months residency from March 1 to November 30, 2017 (Residencies begin March, June and September, please indicate your preference in the application).
▪ A stipend of $1000
▪ Access to RU’s shared, co-working space at 360 Court Street in Brooklyn. Individual studios are not available.
▪ They will receive ongoing logistical and technical support from the RU staff for the successful realization of their project or development of their practice.
▪ Participation in monthly field trips and workshops.
▪ There will be weekly curatorial studio visits to ensure them with access to peers and creative feedback on their work.
▪ Each residency will conclude with a public presentationof their new work at the RU event space or at a partnering venue.
▪ Through RU's extensive network, these US based artists will engage with RU’s roster of international artists.
Learn more about the RU Residency Program here.
What are the criteria for selection?
▪ Visual artists, with an active professional practice of at least two years, irrespective of age or nationality.
▪ Must be a U.S. resident, having lived in the country for at least three years.
▪ Artists should not be engaged in another residency or academic program during the residency period.
A jury consisting of RU staff, independent curators, and advisers will select the candidate based on the artistic quality of his/her work; quality of the proposed project; likely benefit to the artist of RU’s tailored residency; artist’s interest in engaging with the RU community and embracing the overall residency experience.
Short-listed artists will be interviewed by RU staff and other panel members. Final selections are made by the full panel.
Note: Non New York based artists, if chosen, are responsible for travel and accommodation, (RU can assist in identifying appropriate housing if needed).
Application Deadline: Friday, January 20, 2017 - 6pm EST
To apply, please have the following ready:
▪ A short statement detailing what you intend to work on during the residency. (3000 Characters Max)
▪ An up-to-date CV (PDF format)
▪ PDF Portfolio that includes your works over the past 2 years. (max 8mb)
▪ If you have a time-based practice, you can send include URLS in the provided fields.
This program is made possible with the generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts.