Residency Sem Licença
Deadline: 25 Jan, 2017
Disciplines: Art Education, Community, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Digital, Fine art, Photography, Visual Arts.
Location: Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Deadline: 25 Jan, 2017
Duration: 28 to 56 days
Eligibility: artist from all around the world
Support: housing, breakfast, gallery support, tutors, workspace
Costs: monthly cost $595 plus transportation to Curitiba
Sem Licença art platform in Contemporary Art launches its residency program focused on artistic production and art research. During the residence artists, curators, researchers and other interdisciplinary professionals will have the opportunity to develop an on-site project.
We emphasize that the focus of concentration and interest of the residence is photography, photographic thought and printed arts, especially the photobooks
Participants can expect concrete results from their projects, but they can also justify their stay in other ways such as experience, research, among other possibilities.
15/12/16 to 15/01/17
Duration and place of residence
The residency program gathers artists for 28 days in the city of Curitiba, Pr, Brazil.
Periods of residence other than that proposed by the organization can be presented and analyzed individually, according to the specificities of the project.
Number of vacancies
6 residents per period, 1 being a scholarship holder.
Period of residence
Investment for up to 28 days
R$ 1500 for Brazilian artists
- Portfolio with up to 12 images (800px larger side) this portfolio should be sent as a link through the application form, dropbox folder link or wetransfer link, links to videos and other platforms of the artist's work will also be accepted.
- Summary curriculum (maximum one page)
- Full registration form
- Project of activity that will be carried out during the residence
The residence includes
- Dorms - all dorms will be shared between two people, Wi-fi, access to bathroom, kitchen, work atelier.
- Continental breakfast
- Publicity of your stay and work via the Sem Licença social media and other means of communication.
- Follow-up of the project development carried out by 2 Sem Licença fixed tutors plus 2 invited tutors
- Guided tour in Contemporary art Galleries in the city of Curitiba
- Public presentation of the results carried out in residence.
- Production, organization and promotion of a collective exhibition of the participating artists.
- Workshop organization to be given by the participating artist (when applicable). If the artist chooses to hold a workshop, the cost of registration may be reversed as part of payment of the residence costs.
- Production assistance to carry out the projects.
- Certificates will be provided
The residence does not include
- Transfer to the city of Curitiba
- Materials, prints and frames
An invitation letter will be provided for those selected so that they can present it to their countries funding channels for funding. We will be happy to provide additional information if necessary.
- Bank transfer
- Money transfer via western union or Money Grant
Calls we like:
Open Call – Cadmium-Free Research Residency
(Deadline: 16 Jun, 2017)
Joya: summer residencies for artists and writers / CALL OUT
(Deadline: 20 May, 2017)
New Orleans Writers’ Residency
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2017)
Griffin Art Prize 2017
(Deadline: 3 Jul, 2017)