Open Call for 2018 Ragdale Residency Applications
Deadline: 15 May, 2017
Disciplines: All Disciplines, Animation, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Crafts & Trades, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Journalism, Literature, Media Arts, Music & Sound, Other, Performance, Poetry, Printmaking, Sculpture, Sound, Theater, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Lake Forest, IL, United States
Deadline: 15 May, 2017
Duration: 18 or 25 days
Eligibility: While there are no publication, exhibition or performance requirements for application, applicants should be working at the professional level in their field
Support: Housing/Residency, Board
APPLICATION GUIDELINES 2018 Ragdale Residencies
For an 18- or 25-day residency in 2018, apply by 11:59 PM CST May 15, 2017.
Ragdale accepts approximately 150 artists each year. Ragdale encourages applications from artists representing the widest possible range of perspectives and demographics, and to that end, emerging as well as established artists are invited to apply. While there are no publication, exhibition or performance requirements for application, applicants should be working at the professional level in their fields.
Ragdale encourages artists of all backgrounds to apply, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, disability, gender, origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
All applicants submit electronic materials through the Submittable application portal. Please note the following requirements to complete your application:
1. A completed online application form.
2. Two current letters of reference OR surveys completed by people who know you personally and can address your professional capacity and suitability for a residency in a working community with other artists. Reference letters and survey responses are confidential and are submitted electronically through Submittable when you submit your application. Letters of reference/ Reference Surveys are due 11:59 PM CST June 1, 2017. *A 10-15 minute survey option has been added to residency applications. Instructions for completing the survey or letter of recommendation will be automatically sent to your references when you submit your application.
3. A one-page artist’s statement and work plan explaining your work and what you plan to do while in residence.
4. A one-page CV or resumé that summarizes your professional background.
5. Work samples that show previous work from the past 2-3 years. All media is acceptable. Most electronic file types and sizes are accepted.
Applications are reviewed by Ragdale’s Curatorial Board and staff. Evaluations of work are based on the following criteria:
1. Work sample and statement show evidence of original, inventive and exciting new work.
2. Work sample demonstrates quality, technical proficiency, and is professionally presented.
3. Artist’s statement and resumé show evidence that the applicant’s work is reflective of continued, serious, and exceptional aesthetic investigation in the chosen medium.
4. Work plan demonstrates that the artist will maximize the benefits of a residency at Ragdale.
5. References reflect the artist’s ability to work well in an artist community.
You will be notified of your admission status via email three months after the application deadline, approximately mid August.
Ragdale can provide limited financial aid to admitted residents, based on need. Only individuals who have already been admitted may apply for financial assistance. Specific instructions and an application form are included with acceptance documents. In most cases, a reduction in the resident fee is granted to help offset the cost of a residency.
Ragdale awards fellowships to admitted residents based on merit and suitability of practice for public programming and Ragdale in Schools Initiative. Specific instructions and an application form are included with acceptance documents.
Artists collaborating on a project must submit individual application forms and appropriate work samples, along with a joint description of the work they intend to do at Ragdale. Clearly specify your work and living space needs i.e. how many private studio and/or sleeping quarters are needed. You may also submit an example of a previous collaborative work (either completed or in progress). Any specific concerns can be directed to Amy Sinclair, Grants and Admissions Manager, before applying.
May 15, 2017: Residency Application Deadline
June 1, 2017: Reference Letters Deadline
July 31- August 11, 2017: Residency Notification
For further assistance, please email Amy Sinclair or phone 847.234.1063, ext. 26.
More Info: http://ragdale.org/residency/apply
Calls we like:
2018 RU Residency Open Call for US based artists
(Deadline: 5 Nov, 2017)
Feminist Art Conference Residency 2018
(Deadline: 15 Nov, 2017)
Art Omi 2018 Call to Artists now open!
(Deadline: 15 Oct, 2017)
EtM Ridgewood Bushwick Composer Residency
(Deadline: 31 Oct, 2017)
ThalieLab, a new artists residency
(Deadline: 31 Oct, 2017)