FUSION AIR BERLIN Residency Program
Disciplines: Collaboration, Concept & Theory, Fine art, Installation, Moving Image, Painting, Photography, Research, Sculpture, Visual Arts.
Location: Berlin, Germany, Germany
Duration: A 1-to-3 month residency program
Eligibility: The call is open to visual artists.
Support: Costs and support are fully listed in the program description.
Costs: Costs and support are fully listed in the program description.
TERMs & CONDITIONs
The FUSION AIR BERLIN international residency program offers professional artists the opportunity to develop their own research without any "pre-organized" pressure. We do not ask you to submit any special "project" as our board of curators is undoubtedly capable of evaluating an artist's practice by reviewing their specific path through their own website. An artist residency is, first of all, an opportunity to learn, absorb and experience. Our goal is to provide artists "A Room of Their Own" abroad, a meaningful place without any kind of performance anxiety. At the end of your stay, each artist will be free to decide whether to produce a show, presentation or documentation. We are excited about the work-in-progress evolution of our artists' work. From the very moment the artist is selected, we will give them all our support and trust!
For further information about how the application process works, please read the application guidelines and note that applications will only be considered if they are complete and adhere to all guidelines.
A 1-to-3 month studio residency program that focuses on creative practice development for artists working across all disciplines, the FUSION AIR BERLIN program offers space for experimentation and dialogue with peers and arts professionals.
Emerging and professional visual artists working in all media and genres are eligible to apply.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Artists will be provided with:
- A furnished open-plan apartment (45 square meters) in Prenzlauer Berg, which includes studio space, bedroom, internet access, electricity and a fully-furnished kitchen
- 200€ for materials
- A vibrant international network of art spaces, artists, curators and professionals facilitating connections (primarily in Berlin and Turin, the location of the parent Fusion Art Gallery)
- A one-on-one portfolio review by the current curatorial team of FUSION AIR BERLIN
- Group dinners with artists and curators
- A small staff is available for housing issues, the coordination of arrivals and departures, translation and studio needs
- A tour of Berlin’s most significant galleries and project spaces
- The option of presenting an exhibition/installation/talk at the end of the residency in the Fusion Art Gallery Berlin
- The publication of a limited edition artist’s book by our partner Edizioni Inaudite
- An artist profile on the FUSION AIR BERLIN website
- Solo exhibition in Italy: each year one of the resident artists at FUSION AIR BERLIN will be selected by the steering committee of FUSION AIR BERLIN and FUSION AIR TORINO for an exhibition at Fusion Art Gallery Turin. The exhibition will be planned for the year following the residency. It includes gallery space, working space and an apartment. It does not include travel costs, health insurance or living and production costs.
- There are NO medium- or technique-specific facilities such as a woodshop or media lab, but we will do our best to fulfill your needs through our professional network.
ISSUES AND EXPENSES OUTSIDE OF OUR RESPONSIBILITY
Please note that the residency fees do not cover travel expenses or food.
Artists are responsible for arranging their own visas as well as international health insurance. We expressly state that we do not accept legal responsibility of any kind for any issue arising.
We are happy to assist independent artists in the process of requesting funding in their country of origin or residence by providing them with a formal letter of acceptance to the program.
NUMBER OF ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE AT ONE TIME: 1
GUESTS: A partner, friend or child is temporarily permitted with NO additional costs. All guests must be discussed with us on an individual case by case basis. Guests must be arranged with us in advance and are subject to space availability.
One month: 1,500 €
Two months: 2,800 €
Three months: 4,000 €
NOTE: In the case of a team of 2 artists (maximum) that already has a history of creating projects together, the cost will be increased by 70%.
After the selection, we require you to pay a deposit of 500 €. After your deposit has been received, your residency will be officially confirmed. If your plans change, you must inform us in a timely manner in order to have your deposit refunded. All cancellations must be received at least 2 months before the start of the residency.
The residency fee must be paid in full upon arrival. At the end of the residency, your 500 € deposit will be refunded as long as there has been no damage to the facilities and apartment.
FUSION AIR BERLIN accepts direct payment and bank transfers (we cannot accept checks).
FUSION AIR welcomes artists of all genders, ethnicities, political and sexual orientations.
Submissions are accepted year-round.
Applications are submitted entirely online.
Calls we like:
National Parks Arts Foundation: DEADLINE NOW ! Open Call 2018
(Deadline: 20 Apr, 2017)
EYEBEAM Residency: Trust 2017/2018
(Deadline: 29 Mar, 2017)
The BigCi Environmental Awards 2017
(Deadline: 1 Apr, 2017)
2018 Artist Residency Application – Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
(Deadline: 1 Apr, 2017)
2018 Artist Residency Program @ The Watermill Center
(Deadline: 1 Apr, 2017)