FUSION A.I.R. MAY 2016
Deadline: 31 Mar, 2016
Disciplines: Collaboration, Concept & Theory, Curatorial, Film & Video, Installation, Media Arts, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Research, Sculpture, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Turin, Italy, Italy
Deadline: 31 Mar, 2016
Duration: 1 - 3 months
Eligibility: Emerging and professional visual artists, performing artists, and writers working in all media and genres are eligible to apply.
Support: Costs and support are fully listed in the program description.
Costs: Costs and support are fully listed in the program description.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY // TERMs & CONDITIONs
FUSION AIR program offers space for experimentation and dialogue with peers and arts professionals.
The FUSION AIR international residency program offers professional artists the opportunity to develop their own research without any "pre-organised" pressure. We are not going to ask you to submit any special "project" as our board of curators is undoubtedly capable of evaluating an artist's practice by reviewing his/her specific path through his/her own website. An artist's residency is, first of all, a place to learn, absorb, and experience. Our goal is to provide artists "A Room Of Their Own" abroad, a relevant place without any kind of performance anxiety. At the end of your stay, each artist will be free to decide whether to produce a show, a presentation, or a documentation. We are excited about the work-in-progress evolution of our artists' work. From the very moment the artist is selected, we will give him/her all our support and trust!
For further information about how the application process works, please read the application guidelines and note that applications will only be considered if they are complete, on time, and adhere to all guidelines. A complete application includes complete submission of the online application by the deadline.
Emerging and professional visual artists, performing artists, and writers working in all media and genres are eligible to apply.
FACILITIEs AND SERVICEs
Artists will be provided with:
- a furnished two-bedroom / two-bathroom apartment (150 square meters) within the gallery space and nearby the Turin city center. Artists work in a shared studio and, depending on the ongoing exhibition program, in the project room's gallery space;
- Internet access, electricity and a fully-furnished kitchen;
- a monthly public transportation ticket (each month) and a bicycle;
- a free "Torino & Piemonte" museum pass, free entry (in November) to Artissima, and a pass for the Torino Film Festival (upon request);
- 300 € of artist's supplies (per month);
- production of a limited edition Artist's book edited by our partner Edizioni Inaudite;
- production of an exhibition/installation/presentation at the end of the residency;
- an vivacious international network of art spaces, artists, curators, and professionals creating connections (mainly in Turin, Venice, Vicenza, Berlin, Milan, and Tuscany);
- some open studio events are arranged at the end of each session. Additionally, residents are encouraged to share their work at an informal gathering;
- all group activities are always optional;
- a small staff is available for housing, coordination of arrivals and departures, translation, and studio needs. The Fusion Art Gallery Director will be on site.
- There are NO medium- or technique-specific facilities like a woodshop or media lab, but through our network of professionals, we will do our best to fulfill your needs.
- The residency fees don't cover travelling costs and food.
- Artists are responsible for their own visas.
GRANTs: Publication of an Artist's Book by Edizioni Inaudite. Although we cannot provide additional grants (we are a newborn residency even though the gallery was founded in 2003), we will be glad to assist independent artists in the process of requesting funding in their country by providing them with a formal letter of acceptance to the program.
COMPANIONs: Guests must be registered in advance and are subject to space availability.
One month stay: 1500 €
Two months stay: 2800 €
Three months stay 4000 €
NOTE: In the case of a team of 2 artists or artist couple that already has a history of projects together, the single cost will be increased by 70%.
After the selection, we request you pay a deposit of 500€ . After your deposit has been received, your application is official. If your plans change, let us know in time. For us this makes the difference between endless waiting and simple logistical re-adjustments. You will get your deposit back if your cancellation is longer than 1 month in advance. In that case we will be able to give the artists in the waiting list an option.
Your fee must be paid within the first days of arrival. At the end of the residency.
FUSION AIR accepts direct payment and bank transfers (no cheques).
We are very grateful to those residents who opt to pay for their residency in full as it allows us to offer need-based financial aid to other talented artists and writers who would be unable to attend without assistance.
You must have international medical insurance. We do not accept legal responsibility.
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY :
FUSION AIR welcomes artists of all genders, ethnic groups, political and sexual orientations in its gallery, studios, and apartments.
Submissions are done entirely online. Please go to Application Guidelines
More Info: http://www.fusionartgallery.net/air.html
Calls we like:
Art Omi 2018 Call to Artists now open!
(Deadline: 15 Oct, 2017)
EtM Ridgewood Bushwick Composer Residency
(Deadline: 31 Oct, 2017)
Residency Unlimited – 2018 Atelier Mondial Residency for New York City Artists.
(Deadline: 9 Oct, 2017)
Flux Factory’s 2018 Artist-In-Residency Open Call
(Deadline: 15 Sep, 2017)
ThalieLab, a new artists residency
(Deadline: 31 Oct, 2017)