AaBKC Residency Fall 2018 – Artist
Deadline: 5 Nov, 2017
Disciplines: Research, Visual Arts.
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Deadline: 5 Nov, 2017
Duration: September 3 – October 26, 2018
Eligibility: International artists (excluding Danish citizens and residents of Denmark)
Support: 10.000 DKK stipend (honorarium, travel, and public event), housing, workspace, networking support
Costs: Residents must cover daily living and working expenses
Aarhus Center for Visual Art (Aarhus Billedkunstcenter, AaBKC) invites international visual artists to apply to AaBKC Residency’s Fall 2018 program.
The aim of AaBKC Residency is to introduce international artists and curators to the visual arts scene in Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark.
Specifically, the program facilitates networking as a mode of artistic research.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
AaBKC Residency’s Fall 2018 program invites one international artist to live and work in Aarhus from September 3 – October 26, 2018, where s/he will have an opportunity to meet local artists and arts professionals, visit artist studios and exhibition spaces, and participate in networking meetings and cultural events. By focusing on networking, AaBKC Residency facilitates short- and long-term professional development, allowing artists to broaden their knowledge base, develop new and meaningful professional contacts and relationships, create future work opportunities, refine their networking skills, and build other vital professional capacities.
In addition to exploring the arts community of Aarhus, AaBKC Residency also gives visiting artists the time and space they need to conduct research, produce art, or engage in other self-directed work, as desired. We do not expect a specific product or exhibition as the result of the residency, but wish to provide residents with the necessary resources to make the most of their time in Denmark.
Living accommodations, work space, and a small exhibition space will be provided. AaBKC staff will also offer comprehensive administrative support throughout the residency, working with the selected artist to develop a residency program tailored to his/her specific interests and professional goals, offering professional counseling, and introducing the resident artist to relevant networking partners.
Emerging and established artists are welcome to apply. The successful applicant will have a strong desire to expand their network of artists, curators, gallerists, and other arts professionals.
- Resident must participate in Aarhus Center for Visual Art’s monthly ART BAR networking event
- Resident is not required to produce a final project
- Resident is expected to engage with the local art scene and work with Aarhus Center for Visual Art staff to develop a program for the residency with a focus on networking
- Emerging and established visual artists (excluding Danish citizens and residents of Denmark) are welcome to apply
- Successful applicant will have a strong desire to expand his/her network of artists, curators, gallerists, and other arts professionals
- Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Combined living/work accommodations: private apartment in central Aarhus, with attached multi-purpose work space (production equipment and materials not provided)
- Additional work space: desk within Aarhus Center for Visual Art’s offices; Godsbanen open workshops (publicly accessible and shared with local artists)
- Exhibition space: Mellemrummet (optional)
- Administrative and networking support from Aarhus Center for Visual Art staff
- Discounted meal card for Godsbanen’s in-house cafe, Spiselauget
- 10.000 DKK stipend (honorarium, travel and ART BAR)
- Free living accommodations and work space
- Residents must cover daily living and working expenses (including art materials)
Please email the following documents (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 Danish time on Sunday, November 5, 2017:
- AaBKC Residency application form (available at aabkc.dk)
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Current portfolio (max 5 pages)
Visit our website for more information on AaBKC Residency.
Please direct questions to Pamela Grombacher: email@example.com
More Info: https://aabkc.dk/page/aabkc-residency
Featured Open Call:
Calls we like:
Nightlife Residency ✨ 夜生活驻地项目
(Deadline: 15 Dec, 2017)