AaBKC Residency Fall 2017 – artist networking program
Deadline: 17 Apr, 2017
Disciplines: Research, Visual Arts.
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Deadline: 17 Apr, 2017
Duration: August 14 - September 22, 2017
Eligibility: Visual Artists (excluding Danish citizens and residents of Denmark)
Support: 6.000 DKK stipend, 2.500 DKK travel support, free living accommodations and work space (office desk and Godsbanen public studios)
Costs: Residents must cover daily living and working expenses
Aarhus Center for Visual Art (Aarhus Billedkunstcenter, AaBKC) invites international visual artists to apply to AaBKC Residency’s Fall 2017 program.
The aim of AaBKC Residency is to introduce international artists to the visual arts scene in Aarhus, Denmark - the second largest city in Denmark and designated European Capital of Culture 2017.
Specifically, the program facilitates networking as a mode of artistic research.
AaBKC Residency’s Fall 2017 program invites one international artist to live and work in Aarhus from August 14 – September 22, 2017, where s/he will have an opportunity to meet local artists and arts professionals, visit artist studios and exhibition spaces, and participate in networking meetings and cultural events. By focusing on networking, AaBKC Residency facilitates short- and long-term professional development, allowing artists to broaden their knowledge base, develop new and meaningful professional contacts and relationships, create future work opportunities, refine their networking skills, and build other vital professional capacities.
In addition to exploring the arts community of Aarhus, AaBKC Residency also gives visiting artists the time and space they need to conduct research, produce art, or engage in other self-directed work, as desired. We do not expect a specific product or exhibition as the result of the residency, but wish to provide residents with the necessary resources to make the most of their time in Denmark.
Living accommodations, work space (desk space and public studios), and a small exhibition space will be provided. AaBKC staff will also offer comprehensive administrative support throughout the residency, working with the selected artist to develop a residency program tailored to his/her specific interests and professional goals, offering professional counseling, and introducing the resident artist to relevant networking partners.
Emerging and established artists are welcome to apply. Successful applicants will have a strong desire to expand their network of artists, curators, gallerists, and other arts professionals.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY
- Resident must deliver a 30-minute public talk at Aarhus Center for Visual Art’s monthly Art Bar networking event
- Resident is not required to produce a final project
- Resident is expected to engage with the local art scene and work with Aarhus Center for Visual Art staff to develop a program for the residency with a focus on networking
- Emerging and established visual artists (excluding Danish citizens and residents of Denmark) are welcome to apply
- Successful applicant will have a strong desire to expand his/her network of artists, curators, gallerists, and other arts professionals
- Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Living accommodations: apartment in Godsbanen; and/or private accommodations in Aarhus
- Work space: desk within AaBKC’s offices; Godsbanen public-access workshops (studios are publicly accessible and shared with local artists)
- Exhibition space: Mellemrummet (optional)
- Administrative and networking support from Aarhus Center for Visual Art staff
- Discounted meal card for Godsbanen’s in-house cafe, Spiselauget
- 6.000 DKK stipend
- 2.500 DKK travel support
- Free living accommodations, work space, and exhibition space
- Resident must cover living and working costs (including art materials)
Please email the following documents (PDF format) to email@example.com by 17.00 Danish time on Monday, April 17, 2017:
- Brief motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Current portfolio (max 5 pages)
Please direct questions about AaBKC Residency to Pamela Grombacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Info: https://aabkc.dk/page/aabkc-residency
Calls we like:
Guild Hall Artist In Residence
(Deadline: 10 Nov, 2017)
2018 RU Residency Open Call for US based artists
(Deadline: 5 Nov, 2017)
Feminist Art Conference Residency 2018
(Deadline: 15 Nov, 2017)